Wherever possible, ensure that workers maintain social distancing guidelines, remaining at least 2m apart. This may include redesigning particular activities or re-allocating roles.
Where this isn’t possible, ensuring they are at least 1m apart, with further measures taken to reduce the risk of transmission, including:
- Increasing hand washing and surface cleaning
- Minimising the time spent carrying out the activity
- Using screens or barriers to separate people
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working whenever possible
- Introducing fixed teams or partnering to reduce the number of people each person has contact with
This applies to all aspects of the working day, including arriving at and departing from the site, travelling between sites, canteens and break rooms.